Securing the Drinking Water Supply in Lyon
Installation of a provisional pumping station to secure the drinking water supply for the Métropole de Lyon
Project Type :
Lac des Eaux Bleues - Grand Parc - Miribel Jonage (69)
- The drinking water of the Métropole de Lyon is supplied by several abstraction points. If there is a crisis with the main resource, the Métropole may turn to the back-up factory of La Pape, the abstraction for which is situated on the banks of the Eaux Bleues lake.
- Since the late 90s, this lake has been plagued with a major growth of algae and vegetation generating eutrophication at the water extraction point. However, studies reveal that the water abstracted far from the edge has more suitable properties.
- So the customer asked us todesign and scale a solution to pump the water to the middle of the lake, at 900 m from the current abstraction point, with a flow rate of 4000 m3/h to supply the La Pape factory.
- Installation of the provisional pumping station + supply:
- 4 submersible pumps of 54 kW (1000 m³/h – 3.5 bars) on rafts
- A floating pontoon to support the gates and valves
- 1 speed regulator container for 6 pumps
- 32 anchors to stabilise conduit while floating
- 2 generators of 500 kVA (1 back-up)
- Installation of 900 metres of PE thermo-weldable conduit in Ø 900 mm:
- Creation of a suction feeder and a bespoke delivery head
- Mirror welding of the channelling in place and floating it