Bypassing a Wastewater Collector
Bypassing a wastewater collector over 510 metres in an urban area
Project Type :
- The customer was undertaking rehabilitation of the duplicate intercommunal collector (DIC Ø 1800).
- During the period of works, they wanted to divert the entire flow over 510 metres due to bypassing a collector.
- The flows increase massively when it rains, going from 1 m³/s to 2 m³/s.
- A provisional pumping station was required, operating 24 hours a day, able to adapt to sudden variations in flow due to the weather.
- Installation of a provisional pumping facility functioning automatically.
- Supply, installation, commissioning of a pumping solution of 7 200 m³/h:
- 8 submersible pumps (5 x 44 kW, 2 x 90 kW, 1 x 120 kW) + 1 back-up
- Motorised screen rake upstream of the facility
- 510 metres of rigid pipes Ø 800 mm of thermo-welded HDPE
- 1 additional production generator + 2 back-up
- 3 fuel tanks 3 000 L
- Cabinets for starting, inverter, distribution, levelling, mobile telephony transmission and Doppler flow meters
- Mirror welding on the riser pipe in situ, installation and floatation.
- Level regulation by piezometric sensors.
- Control and monitoring of the installation remotely by web application.
- On-call service 24/7
- Duration: 6 months of operation