Lowering the water table by wellpoints for driving channelling
Project Type :
- Installation of gas channelling on behalf of TIGF (France Gas Infrastructure Transport) needed to pass under a major road. The section concerned had to be installed by driving.
- To do this, the customer had to create a firing chamber of 10.5 x 5.5 m. The presence of the water table blocked the progress of the earthworks. Emptying the trench and keeping it dry were required.
- Considering the soil composition (clay sand and clay) and its low permeability, lowering of the water table by wellpoints was selected.
- Complete installation of pumping gear: piston pump, wellpoints, dewatering network with decantation vat, autonomous power supply by generator.
- Remote monitoringof the installation to alert the customer’s on-call service
- Duration: 1 month